Strategic Conversations Bootcamp
Using two powerful methodologies - SOAR and the 5-D Appreciative Inquiry model - this course will strengthen your value as a leader by developing your capacity to foster whole system strategic thinking, planning, and leading.View Upcoming Bootcamps
Foster Strategic Conversations at Every Level
This bootcamp develops leadership skills for strategic thinking and engagement, needed at every level of any organization. Responding effectively and with agility to complexity and continuous change means asking generative questions and using positive framing for strategic conversations. Organizations poised for growth and success have leaders who facilitate these conversations in one-on-one interactions as well as at the level of the whole system.
During our Strategic Conversations Bootcamp we invite you to adopt a living systems business model, apply the SOAR Framework at different levels of the system; and explore whole systems engagement processes, including the Appreciative Inquiry 5-D Cycle, Design Thinking, World Café, and Open Space Technology.
Upcoming Strategic Conversations Bootcamps
On-Demand Strategic Conversations Bootcamp
Using two powerful methodologies - SOAR and the 5-D Appreciative Inquiry model - this course will strengthen your value as a leader by developing your capacity to foster whole system strategic thinking, planning, and leading.
On-Demand Strategic Conversations Bootcamp: $399.00
Bootcamp Modules Overview:
Module 1: Strategic Thinking & Mindset
PURPOSE: Reassess the nature of what it means to be an organization, explore the impact of adopting a living systems mindset, and what that means when it comes to the nature of business conversation.
- Rethink the nature of organizations, see them as a living system, nourished by hubs of conversation and action.
- Adopt a living systems mindset and an Appreciative Inquiry conversational framework.
- Recognize 3 key factors for supporting strategic conversations and organizational flourishing.
- Practice framing and asking generative questions for strategic conversations that align with a living systems mindset.
Module 2: SOAR Conversations
PURPOSE: Learn to use the SOAR Framework to foster strategic conversations at all levels of an organization.
- Adopt a SOAR Framework for strategic thinking and planning.
- Experience SOAR as a positive approach for strategic conversations.
- Practice positive framing and generative questions using SOAR at various levels in the organization.
Module 3: The Appreciative Inquiry 5-D Cycle
PURPOSE: Understand the importance of whole systems engagement and to explore strategic conversations at scale using the Appreciative Inquiry (AI) 5-D Cycle to engage all stakeholders in strategic planning or whole system change.
- Understand the need for whole systems engagement.
- Understand the AI 5-D Cycle.
- Practice framing an affirmative topic and creating an appreciative inquiry.
- Identify opportunities to engage whole systems in strategic conversations.
Module 4: Whole Systems Engagement Processes
PURPOSE: Understand key factors for successful whole systems engagement and learn the basics around three popular processes for engaging large groups or whole systems in conversation.
- Recognize key factors to successful whole systems engagement.
- Understand Design Thinking, World Café, and Open Space Technology.
- Explore when, where, and how you might use these processes.
- Identify other resources and processes for whole systems engagement.
Strategic Conversation Bootcamp Learning Outcomes:
This training will prepare you to engage your teams in strategic conversations that can:
- Increase productivity, engagements, and organizational effectiveness;
- Reduce costs, misalignment, and conflicts;
- Improve customer service levels;
- Innovate in the face of challenges; and
- Make a positive contribution to the bottom line.
After completing this bootcamp, you will have the tools to engage teams from a whole system perspective in conversations to:
- Address short- and long-term challenges, systems, and innovation;
- Explore strengths, dynamic capabilities, and opportunities;
- Develop or re-evaluate organization’s values, vision, and mission statements;
- Set goals, objectives, strategies, and action plans;
- Clarify roles, relationships, and expectations; and
- Track progress through regular cycles of action learning.
“This bootcamp earned me a promotion! I shared aspects of the program with my CEO and she invited me to design and facilitate a strategic conversation for our Board of Directors. Using the SOAR framework and Appreciative Inquiry our Board gained greater awareness about our overall program and is now more engaged. My CEO has been thrilled with the results!.”
Buffalo Center for Arts and Technology
Select a learning option that best suits your learning style
To maximize flexibility, accessibility, and engagement, Conversations Worth Having delivers its bootcamps in various modalities. All participants will achieve the same learning outcomes no matter which learning option they choose.
Virtual or in-person training to meet the specific needs of your organization, community, or team.
Participate in two 2.5 hour LIVE webinars that cover the 4 Strategic Conversation Bootcamp modules with applied learning and practice.