Communication is a top issue for organizations, teams and relationships. Get the tools needed to establish communication practices that will support productivity, engagement, high performance, regular feedback, positivity, and a culture of "we".View Upcoming Bootcamps
Step Into Your Capacity to Fuel Productive and Meaningful Engagement
Communication. It remains the top issue for organizations, teams, and relationships. Almost everyone struggles with how to effectively communicate when they are frustrated or facing conflict. The effects of poor communication are costly. They show up in organizations as:
- Employee disengagement, malaise, and turnover;
- Dysfunctional teams;
- Poor performance;
- Inability to give and receive critical feedback; and
- Negative attitudes, cliques, and gossip: a culture of “me”.
If you’re dealing with any of these outcomes, the Conversations Worth Having Bootcamp will give you the skills and tools to turn them around. This program is grounded in Appreciative Inquiry, one of the most widely used positive change approaches. Two simple Appreciative Inquiry practices can turn your entire culture around, creating a culture of conversations worth having.
Following this workshop, you will have tools to establish communication practices that will support productivity, engagement, high performance teams, regular feedback, positivity, and a culture of “we.”
Upcoming CWH Bootcamps
Bootcamp Modules Overview:
Module 1: The Power of Conversation
PURPOSE: Understand how the nature of your conversations affects others, and recognize the importance of self- and other-awareness on your ability to be successful. Learn a strategy to support conscious awareness and the ability to choose how you communicate.
- Experience the nature of your conversations and the effects they have on you and others.
- Choose to be intentional with your conversations.
- Use mindfulness tools to shift reactionary communication to deliberate conversation.
Module 2: The Art of Asking Questions
PURPOSE: Understand the basics of Appreciative Inquiry and improve your ability to ask generative questions to foster effective communication.
- Experience the impact Appreciative Inquiry has on individual and organizational capacity.
- Choose curiosity over knowing and assuming.
- Use generative questions to shift the dynamics of personal and workplace communication problems.
Module 3: Intentional Framing
PURPOSE: Use positive framing to intentionally foster effective communication and continue to develop your ability to ask generative questions.
- Experience flipping negative conversations to conversations worth having.
- Use flipping to frame workplace communication issues.
- Develop generative questions to fuel productive and meaningful engagement around workplace challenges.
Module 4: Step Up to Feedback
PURPOSE: Develop the skill and the motivation to routinely seek out feedback and promptly provide effective feedback, even in the most critical of situations.
- Experience and choose to change feedback avoidance patterns.
- Adopt a learning mindset to support openness and interest in feedback.
- Use effective feedback strategies with common workplace situations.
Conversation Bootcamp Learning Outcomes:
You will walk away prepared to:
- Keep your cool when you want to explode!
- Effectively challenge assumptions and preconceptions, including yours.
- Deal with conflict quickly and effectively.
- Fuel productive and meaningful engagement.
- Communicate successfully with people who hold negative attitudes or defensive positions.
- Give and receive critical feedback in ways that promote learning and high performance.
- Ask the kind of questions that deepen understanding, strengthen connections, and inspire possibility.
- Talk with colleagues in ways that invite them to collaborate on projects and strategic outcomes.
- Listen with genuine curiosity.
- Frame any conversation, even one around a highly complex problem, to inspire creative and innovative thinking and solutions.
“As a direct result of this Conversation Bootcamp, I have increased the value and results of the conversations that I have with my family, community leaders, and my organization. I am more confident in framing questions and conversations for sustainable action.”
Dr. Suzette Brown,
Education and Consulting
Select a learning option that best suits your learning style
To maximize flexibility, accessibility, and engagement, Conversations Worth Having delivers its bootcamps in various modalities. All participants will achieve the same learning outcomes no matter which learning option they choose.
Virtual or in-person training to meet the specific needs of your organization, community, or team.
Participate in two 2.5 hour LIVE webinars that cover the 4 Conversation Bootcamp modules with applied learning and practice.
Blending of In-Person and online learning to meet your needs and learning outcomes. Online learning consists of virtual or on-demand.